Easy DIY Holiday and Christmas Gift Ideas
If you’re like me, you LOVE almost everything about the holidays. The food, fun, and time with friends and family are great- but the thought of spending all that money on gifts makes your toes curl! The good news is, the new trend of DIY holiday and Christmas gift ideas can save you tons of money.
Need inspiration? Check out these thrifty and crafty holiday gift ideas you can make at home!
Mom’s Life Hack: Use these DIY holiday and Christmas gift ideas to spark your kids imagination and get them in the holiday mood!
- Baked goods make excellent gifts
Spend some time in the kitchen and whip up some delicious treats! Baked desserts make great holiday gifts because they’re inexpensive to make and everyone loves them!I know that is a no brainer when it comes to DIY holiday and Christmas gift ideas, but it was important for me to mention.My girls and I look forward to spending this time together every year! Our neighbors look forward to receiving their homemade cookie tins as well!Try inviting your children to help bake gingerbread houses, cakes, or cookies to give out to family and friends for the holidays- you’ll have some great bonding time while also saving some serious cash.**Just be sure to find out if the person for whom you’re baking has any allergies.
MLH Tip: Go to the dollar store and buy some holiday cookie tins, tissue paper, and ribbon! Great packages for less than $1.25
- Bath bombs are a hot new item that everyone loves
“Bath bombs” have become insanely popular, especially with young women and mom alike! My teens go crazy for them! However, they’re very expensive (the original bath bombs from Lush can cost upwards of eight dollars apiece!)!Most people consider them a luxury.What you may not know is that they can very easily be made at home with baking soda, citric acid, and a few essential oils. Bright Nest has an amazing and easy to follow tutorial that you can view here.You can even customize the recipe to please your specific audience.Does your sister love the smell of flowers? Treat her to a spa in her own home with a basket of lavender-scented bath bombs! And can you imagine how happy a little girl would be with a bath bomb full of glitter? The possibilities are endless!
- Get sentimentalThe key to perfect DIY holiday and Christmas gift ideas is creativity! Everyone loves gifts that come from the heart. The people close to you would love to be reminded of special moments you’ve shared together, so gifts that come from the heart are both appreciated as well as inexpensive.Try checking out thrift and craft stores for inexpensive photo frames to fill with your favorite moments shared with your loved ones. Scrap books are also simple to make and can be customized to please everyone in your life.You don’t have to spend a ton of money on the holidays: all you need is a little creativity and a lot of heart.Though the Christmas season can get a little hectic at times, it’s important to remember that no matter what your budget is, your family and friends love you just the same.
Do you have any DIY holiday or Christmas gift ideas you can share with the MLH Community?
Please comment below.. You may be featured in our holiday newsletter 🙂
Join our AWESOME & incredibly supportive Facebook Community Now!
CEO of Growth & Profitability , Founder of the Self-Made Success School and Mom’s Life Hacks, is a highly acclaimed marketing strategist, and business mentor but her most important job is being there for her two amazing daughters, Makayla and Talia, and her husband Steve.
She thrives on helping business owners scale their business for maximum growth an profits while positioning themselves as a top leader in their industry.
Before she was able to truly build a dream business around her lifestyle, April was also stuck in the trap of a “work harder, earn more”mentality that was starting to take its toll… After never having time to vacation, missing her girls’ basketball games, and putting her job above her family, April decided she’d had enough.
That’s when she rebuilt her business around a lifestyle that was on her terms …
Self-Made Success was born! April has built multiple 6 Figure businesses in less than a year and now shows other frustrated, exhausted, burned out moms that they too can finally achieve the life of success, ease, and freedom they thought was impossible.
Latest posts by April (see all)
- In Her Shoes Super Mom Video Interview: Baby In NICU – Jennifer Smith - September 13, 2017
- Help For Moms – Michelle Brown – Super Mom Video Interview - July 14, 2017
- Young Mom Diagnosed with Brain Tumor – Video of How Supermom Amy Gordon Thrived - June 28, 2017