5 Workout Hacks For Moms
When your a mom normal workout tips for women just won’t cut it!
Working out with children can be a challenge. Especially if you have little ones. Many of us think that it would be too time consuming, and we are too overwhelmed to start, so we put it off for later. That’s why it’s important to try these workout tips for women… I mean moms!
But, having a healthy lifestyle is extremely important in order for us to be good moms.
So, leave your excuses at the door and try these life hacks for moms!
Here are my 5 workout tips for women… who also happen to be moms…
- Practice efficient workouts– You can actually get a really great workout done in only 15 minutes. Seriously. I am proof. I went from out of shape with high cholesterol, to becoming a fitness instructor and being in the best shape of my life. All, in less than two years! And, I only worked out for 15-30 minutes per day, five days per week. You can read more about that here. But, in the meantime, find some great Tabata and HIIT workouts online. These are bodyweight exercises, so you don’t even need equipment. And, there are plenty of free workouts online for you to choose from.
- Find a gym with childcare– Not only will going to a gym give you an opportunity to be social, but it can be great for your kids. Some gyms have pools and classes for kids too, so the entire family can get active. And, if you put in some volunteer hours, you might even get a free or discounted membership.
- Go for walks/runs/bike rides/hikes with your stroller– There is so much great equipment these days to make it super simple to be on the go with your kids. Between harnesses, carts, jogging strollers, or just taking a brisk walk with a traditional stroller, it is easier than ever to include your kids in your outdoor workouts. Just be sure to pack snacks, books, or little toys to keep them occupied.
- Join a mommy and me class-I have seen these types of classes popping up everywhere. Again, it’s another chance for you and your child(ren) to socialize and be active.
- Think outside of the boxTurn a date with your husband into paddle boarding or rock climbing. Jump on the trampoline with your kids. Take dance lessons. Just because these aren’t traditional workouts doesn’t mean that they aren’t effective. They are especially great to break up your routine if you are getting bored with your regular workouts.
Final Workout Tip For Women
Okay, now that you have some ideas, I want you to know that persistence is key.
You can’t go rock climbing twice per year with your husband and expect to see and feel results. You have to work out consistently for results.
But, I can promise you that once you start feeling and looking better, you will gain momentum, and fitting in your workout will become a priority.
And, trust me, you and your family with thank you for that!
Let’s face it… Even if you just finished planking with you toddler on your back, or you have to run to the childcare room to change a quick diaper…
Post workout selfies are always HOT!
And… great motivation for your next workout.
Face flushed, sweaty, damp hair, and glistening muscles.
Post your after mom’s workout selfies to instagram and tag: momlifehacksblog in your after workout picture. #Momslifehacks #MLH
If you have a workout tips for women for workout hack for moms you would like to share with the MLH community, please share it in the comments below…